|Membership fee||no membership fee||$500/refundable||$750/refundable||$750/refundable|
|Per km rate||$0.25/km||$0.25/km||$0.25/km||$0.25/km|
|Free km/trip||5 free km/trip||5 free km/trip||5 free km/trip||5 free km/trip|
Member Referral Program
Refer a friend, colleague, neighbour or family member to join Saskatoon CarShare Co-op and we will reward you with a $40 driving credit! The more people you refer, the more driving credits you will receive.
Optional Damage Pool: $5/month
All drivers will have the option of contributing to a damage pool. Members and drivers can now protect themselves against having to pay the full insurance deductible in the case of any partial or at-fault damage/accidents caused to vehicles.
The SCC will refund the membership share less any outstanding moneys owed by the member to the SCC within 90 days of the effective date of the termination, withdrawal or other cessation of the membership.
Additional details can be found in our Bylaws.
A fuel surcharge addresses unpredictable gas prices while keeping rates stable and fair. The surcharge is calculated based on average gas prices in Saskatoon that month and is applied once the price of gas is above $1.00 per litre. At that point, the surcharge increases by one cent for every 10-cent increase in the price of a litre of gas. For example, if the average price of gas in Saskatoon is $1.20 per litre, the fuel surcharge would be $0.02, so the total cost would be $0.27/km.
- I am a member of the SCC because I believe in a diverse and active transportation system. This includes providing people an alternative to owning an extra car, or for some residents owning even one car. SCC promotes community, the environment, and the Saskatoon transportation system.
- CarSharing is the missing link in a complete public transit system; a CarShare means more people using public transit and less people driving. And just as important is the business model; co-ops are democratic, rooted in community and are an effective tool in solving societies' biggest challenges.
Audra Krueger / Centre for the Study of Co-operatives /
- The SCC is such a novel and great idea! I'm a member in the SCC because I think it's time for Saskatoon to embrace alternative transport and I can't wait to get rid of my car and start using the CarShare co-op in my neighbourhood.
- CarSharing means my family has a car when we need it but enables us to minimize our environmental footprint and monthly costs through reduced driving. If Saskatchewan were a country, we would have the second highest per capita greenhouse gas emissions on the planet. We need more sustainable transportation options for Saskatchewan residents and a CarSharing co-op helps address that gap.
- CarSharing makes committing to more sustainable and healthy modes of transportation even easier, and I love SCC's co-operative, community-oriented business model.
Heather Lake / WAM Saskatoon /