- I am a member of the SCC because I believe in a diverse and active transportation system. This includes providing people an alternative to owning an extra car, or for some residents owning even one car. SCC promotes community, the environment, and the Saskatoon transportation system.
- CarSharing is the missing link in a complete public transit system; a CarShare means more people using public transit and less people driving. And just as important is the business model; co-ops are democratic, rooted in community and are an effective tool in solving societies' biggest challenges.
Audra Krueger / Centre for the Study of Co-operatives /
- The SCC is such a novel and great idea! I'm a member in the SCC because I think it's time for Saskatoon to embrace alternative transport and I can't wait to get rid of my car and start using the CarShare co-op in my neighbourhood.
- CarSharing means my family has a car when we need it but enables us to minimize our environmental footprint and monthly costs through reduced driving. If Saskatchewan were a country, we would have the second highest per capita greenhouse gas emissions on the planet. We need more sustainable transportation options for Saskatchewan residents and a CarSharing co-op helps address that gap.
- CarSharing makes committing to more sustainable and healthy modes of transportation even easier, and I love SCC's co-operative, community-oriented business model.
Heather Lake / WAM Saskatoon /