What Moves You?
Whether to improve our health, lower our cost of living or reduce our impact on the environment, many Saskatonians are choosing active methods of transportation and public transit. There are some tasks, however, that require the convenience of driving.
The Saskatoon CarShare Co-operative (SCC) offers the freedom of vehicle access without the expense and hassle of car maintenance.
CarSharing is a WIN-WIN-WIN
Convenient, sustainable, affordable and healthy
A WIN FOR YOUR POCKET BOOK
CarSharing is a convenient service and can save you some serious cash.
- No time or unexpected costs on vehicle maintenance
- Usage fees are low and you only pay when you use a car
- No insurance or gas costs
- Vehicles are conveniently located in your community and close to transit
A WIN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
CarSharing is a more sustainable alternative to private car ownership.
- Fewer vehicles need to be manufactured, fuelled and maintained; for every CarShare vehicle, an average of five personal vehicles are taken off the road
- CarSharing reduces traffic congestion, noise, and stress on public infrastructure
- CarSharing supports public and active modes of transportation
- Well-maintained vehicles produce less pollution
A WIN FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
Become a CarShare co-op member and exercise your civic muscles to:
- Promote active transportation, walking and biking for a healthy lifestyle
- Develop community through democracy, sharing and caring
- Address social inequality for those unable to afford a private vehicle
- Encourage pedestrian culture by reducing the number of vehicles on our streets
- CarSharing is just that - sharing cars! Learn more and become a member at: https://t.co/eHuOeDSgRp #yxe #yxecarshare https://t.co/v37BnFVMB7
- 3 days ago
- Our current two cars are centrally located in Nutana. Which #YXE neighbourhood(s) would you like to see CarShare ca… https://t.co/STYnEJPbs8
- 12 days ago
- Benefits to CarSharing? Costs less than owning & better for the environment and your health! #yxe #yxecarshare… https://t.co/2TehH7JCBp
- 15 days ago
- Some inspiration for #YXE: Ireland is hoping to establish an electric CarSharing program! https://t.co/YmI8u5Z8ka #whyownwhenyoucanshare
- 21 days ago
- The weather is great for active transport but we're here for you if you're tired of walking your groceries home! Jo… https://t.co/WZvKeIcIPp
- 23 days ago
- Curious about becoming a member of the CarShare Co-operative? Check out this instructional video! #yxe #yxecarshare https://t.co/kqa1rl1ccB
- 29 days ago
- RT @skenvsociety: Looking for ways to reduce your carbon footprint? Consider joining a car share co-operative, such as: @ReginaCarShare and…
- 37 days ago
- CarSharing is cost-effective, convenient, and sustainable. Learn more about becoming a member at… https://t.co/JF5cSZVXMM
- 37 days ago
- Thank you @Affinity_CU for your support taking CarSharing to new neighbourhoods! https://t.co/byuiFzEHzF
- 225 days ago
- We are also proud that you are using a Car Share Car @seanshaw! @YXEguy
- 273 days ago
- I am a member of the SCC because I believe in a diverse and active transportation system. This includes providing people an alternative to owning an extra car, or for some residents owning even one car. SCC promotes community, the environment, and the Saskatoon transportation system.
- CarSharing is the missing link in a complete public transit system; a CarShare means more people using public transit and less people driving. And just as important is the business model; co-ops are democratic, rooted in community and are an effective tool in solving societies' biggest challenges.
Audra Krueger / Centre for the Study of Co-operatives /
- The SCC is such a novel and great idea! I'm a member in the SCC because I think it's time for Saskatoon to embrace alternative transport and I can't wait to get rid of my car and start using the CarShare co-op in my neighbourhood.
- CarSharing means my family has a car when we need it but enables us to minimize our environmental footprint and monthly costs through reduced driving. If Saskatchewan were a country, we would have the second highest per capita greenhouse gas emissions on the planet. We need more sustainable transportation options for Saskatchewan residents and a CarSharing co-op helps address that gap.
- CarSharing makes committing to more sustainable and healthy modes of transportation even easier, and I love SCC's co-operative, community-oriented business model.
Heather Lake / WAM Saskatoon /