What Moves You?
Whether to improve our health, lower our cost of living, or reduce our impact on the environment, many Saskatonians are choosing active methods of transportation and public transit. There are some tasks, however, that require the convenience of driving.
The Saskatoon CarShare Co-operative (SCC) offers the freedom of vehicle access without the expense and hassle of car maintenance.
CarSharing is convenient, affordable, sustainable, and healthy.
A WIN FOR YOUR POCKET BOOK
CarSharing is a convenient service and can save you some serious cash.
- No time or unexpected costs on vehicle maintenance
- Usage fees are low and you only pay when you use a car
- No insurance or gas costs
- Vehicles are conveniently located in your community and close to transit
A WIN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
CarSharing is a more sustainable alternative to private car ownership.
- Fewer vehicles need to be manufactured, fuelled and maintained; for every CarShare vehicle, an average of five personal vehicles are taken off the road
- CarSharing reduces traffic congestion, noise, and stress on public infrastructure
- CarSharing supports public and active modes of transportation
- Well-maintained vehicles produce less pollution
A WIN FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
Become a CarShare Co-op member and exercise your civic muscles to:
- Promote active transportation, walking, and biking for a healthy lifestyle
- Develop community through democracy, sharing, and caring
- Address social inequality for those unable to afford a private vehicle
- Encourage pedestrian culture by reducing the number of vehicles on our streets